A project commencement meeting is scheduled to establish the functional, aesthetic, economic and schedule requirements for the proposed project. Rhombus Construction will use prepared checklists to facilitate conversation and ensure that all required information is conveyed and understood.
Based on the information received in the project commencement meeting, Rhombus Construction can assemble the project team, in example, Architectural, Civil, and Structural designers needed to fully assess your project requirements. At this point, an in-depth study will be conducted consisting of the following steps:
- Generation of a conceptual site plan showing the proposed structure’s optimal location, building expansion areas and all site improvements, such as site drive lanes, parking and dock areas, walkways and landscaped areas.
- Generation of conceptual floor plans showing the interior layout at office and warehouse areas based on the program developed in the project commencement meeting.
- Generation of conceptual building elevations.
- All conceptual site plans, floor plans and building elevations will be forwarded to you for approval. Once approved, these documents shall serve as the client approved project plans.
- While Rhombus Construction is very comfortable leading the project team, we have also been involved in many successful projects where the owner directs the design team and Rhombus Construction helps provide cost effective solutions to design issues.
- With the client approved project plans, Rhombus Construction will begin the process of generating a price for your project. Generation of this proposal will consist of the following steps:
Rhombus Construction will use in-house cost databases in addition to national and local subcontractor and supplier input to create an economic model for the project. Various options and alternatives will also be evaluated on a cost and schedule basis and presented with the proposal. These costs will be broken down in a specific manner as is appropriate for the proposed project.
A complete project schedule will be developed showing pre-construction and construction tasks and durations.
In order to further establish the baseline scope of work, we will create an outline specification denoting all work included and excluded. This specification will cover all work in detail.
The last component of the proposal is the actual proposal letter that will define the project economics. The price will be presented in person so that Rhombus Construction has the opportunity to completely cover the project scope of work, schedule and costs with you. We believe that a well-organized presentation and understanding of the work by all parties are the keys to the start of a successful project. The actual proposal consists of a bound document with five basic sections:
- Proposal letter
- Client Approved Design/Plans
- Project Specifications
- Project Schedule (Gantt Chart)
- Project Options & Alternative Construction methods
The only risk you have at this time is the risk associated with concealed or unknown conditions such as soils and existing topography and or environmental issues. Rhombus Construction can facilitate a geotechnical and a civil topographic survey along with an Environmental Study. These costs are typically minimal relative to the overall project costs and the risk associated with these unknowns. Rhombus Construction is willing to coordinate these services per your request which can help eliminate project risks.